Monday, February 22, 2010

to blog or to not blog?

Sometimes I think I'm so full-to-bursting with outlandish and overgrown ideas and opinions that I need some venue to vent. I'm not unconvinced that that's fairly normal, and likely healthy, but the need to get everything out and down has been gnawing at me recently. Therefore, in an attempt to calm my intercranial cacophony, I will blog. Hopefully blogging will do its job and quell the craziness, but I'm capable of coping with my own drivel should it fail.

Voicing my mind to the mindless and casting my thoughts to the ether, I'll probably look for some outside affirmation that what I'm doing has some worth, so I invite anyone who stumbles upon my blog, by my prompting or otherwise, to comment. Heckling and snide remarks are welcomed and encouraged. I don't really intend to hold back my opinion, so why would I ask anyone else to do otherwise? If I'm that offended by your remarks, I'll just delete them. It is my blog, after all.

I also warn anyone and everyone that I sometimes wax needlessly and stupidly eloquent. That's what sometimes happens when my fingers meet the keyboard. Sometimes I'll be zany, sometimes I'll be incomprehensible, sometimes I'll alliterate (mostly when my mind is fast enough to think ahead of my fingers), and sometimes I'll sound overly formal. My voice, typed out, is much different from my voice, heard. I think my mouth is faster than my fingers, and my mind can't keep up. That's why I try to keep quiet whenever any quasi-intellectual babble is going on. I'd rather think things out before I voice my thoughts.

Oh, and I babble. A lot. Deal with it. It's part of my stream-of-consciousness writing style that comes in handy for journaling or blogging. If I didn't do it, I'd do too much self-censoring. Maybe the world would be a better place if I did it, but I stick my tongue out at the world. :P

--brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment