Friday, February 26, 2010

american idol: top 24, results

Just a quick blip about the results. I am quite content with who got cut. I still wish Haeley and Jermaine had been ousted based on their horrible performances, but this was the best way to be rid of Tyler Grady early on. I'm afraid that a close call would have garnered him more support, and he didn't deserve to go too far.

It was great to see Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen perform. Allison's "Scars" is a song I've liked since it came out, so hearing it live was nice, and it was good for her to get some publicity.

My last gripe is that I think Fox missed a big opportunity. "American Boy" was a mess of a group song. Why not play to the strengths of a group, and particularly a group of soloists? Why not promote one of the best new shows the network has? Why not have the Top 24 sing a Glee song? It seems like a no-brainer to me. Promote the best non-reality show using the best reality show, use tried-and-true arrangements meant for a group instead of the hashed together mush that came out. It would still work for the Top 20 and the Top 16. Why hasn't Fox thought of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment