Friday, March 5, 2010

american idol: top 20, results

I'm really pleased with how the results show went! The two that really deserved to go home, Haeley and Jermaine, went. Jermaine's reprise of his song was tolerable, though, and I wish he'd sung more like that on Tuesday. Maybe I wouldn't have hated him so much. I completely called Haeley and John leaving this week, and thought Michelle should go. I will admit that I was worried when it came down to Didi and Michelle, but luckily Didi gets another week to prove herself. Hopefully she can win over the public, because I like her style.


Y'know, I really was not a fan of Danny Gokey last season. Sorry, Gokey fans. He just really rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't like that the producers pimped his sob story the whole time, and that he went along with it so willingly. He came across as rather pompous, as well. The country thing seems to be working for him, and I wish him well, but he annoyed me all over again with his mile-a-minute-Ryan-can't-get-a-word-in-edgewise-ness, and AGAIN pimping his widower sob story. Oi. So, good luck Danny Gokey, I hope you keep with the country route so I can more or less avoid you without much trouble.


Oh, and PS: Haeley has some measure of talent and promise, I just think she's too inexperienced and untrained right now. I don't know why the judges put her through over other singers--she would have been better served waiting a year or two. So best of luck to her as well, but I hope I don't hear anything about her for at least a year or two, or else she's moving too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment